Re: chrome

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: chrome
From: Jaral48462@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:56:42 EST
Cc: sales@nu-chrome.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/17/99 9:08:39 PM Central Standard Time, vafred@erols.com
writes:
<< Listers, since we're talking about chrome here is a short story that
 happened to me in the last 10 days. Nu-Chrome Corp, located in New
 Bedford, Mass, I have been dealing in a small way with this Co. for 5
 years,  twice in the past two years someone else's job has been by error
shipped to me, and returned to Nu-Chrome by me at my expense both time,
with never a thank you or any comments at all, last week I called to ask
a price on anodizing 2 drip rail molding, his quote 100/120, so I send
them up, 3 days later he calls and says the price will be 180.00, I remind
him of his phone quote and his reply, "Oh just an estimate," well sir how
can you be off 80% in your line of work, take it or leave it, I ask for
him to return them to me. Return them he did, UPS "cashier's check only,"
now who has a cashier's check in their home, I live 15 miles round trip
to the nearest bank/post office. If you don't take his service/price then
the hell with you, he gets even, so much for Nu-Chrome of NewBedford,
Mass. for me, I just think you should also know how they operates.>>

I've been waiting for someone to Bash Nu-Chrome Corp. so I could get into the
discussion.

Two years ago I purchased an Austin Healey Front Bumper at the spring Swap
Meet in Carlisle, PA Walked over to the Nu-Chrome booth and asked them if they
could make a Concours Quality Bumper out of it.  He looked it over and stated
NO PROBLEM.  I picked up some of the before and after display piece he had on
the table and again asked can you make it look as good as these AFTER sample.
Again NO PROBLEM.  I gave him the bumper and a Check for $180 along with my
shipping address.  I finally received the bumper 8 months later after many
phone calls in which they kept telling me it would be shipped at the end of
the week.  Upon inspection I found many pits in the Class A surface and the
mounting brackets on the rear side were still covered with rust.  They said
send it back and they would redo it for me to my satisfaction.  Five months
later again after numerous phone calls I received it with 3/8 diameter black
burn spot on the front surface and still handed removed the rust from the back
side.  Like the writer of the above post I paid the shipping charges both
times.  I did call them and inform them of my dissatisfaction and their only
reply was send it back and we will make it just like you want it.  NOT A
CHANCE!!!!!!!

Now does anyone have a good suggestion on where I can get this bumper plated
to Concours Quality.  It will shortly become the most expensive part of my
restoration.

Feels good to get that off my chest.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programing

Ron Mitchell
Ortonville, MI