soo many problems... so many questions

To: "Sprite Maling List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: soo many problems... so many questions
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 01:00:49 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
sorry for all these questions lately but I'm spending so much time on my sprite
lately....

    I'm repairing the tiny amount of rust on my lower fender (not on the door
post)
and so I started cutting out the metal and cleaning everything up. at first I
found
some dirt and sand inside the fender! well I blamed this on road dirt, but then
more and more started coming out. A small pile (about a gallon size) finally
came
out of there.....but then I felt more stuff up in there!!! I then pulled out 4
purple rags, 2 LUCAS 7 amp fuses, various nuts and bolts, an AZ parking permit
and
a spark plug gap setter!!! what da? Did I inhale too much paint thinner? I can't
imagine these items are STOCK!! I mean I know there isn't much luggage room in
the
Spite but....!  is this a previous fix where the mechanic left his tools inside
the
patient? (we all remember that incident don't we?) I wonder what treasures I
have
in the other body cavities! My question, is there a way to "get to the back
side"
of the fender? or inside the fender? right now I'm knocking stuff down through
the
rust hole.... Any comments or answers appreciated...

Toby

BTW I got 4 stitches in my chin, but that ain't stopping me.... I guess now I
won't
do THAT again....