Re: Front End Question

To: Cfgraf@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front End Question
From: LBCarNut@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 08:27:59 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/20/99 7:23:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, Cfgraf@aol.com
writes:

> I noticed some play in the lower fulcrum pin.  The picture
>  in the book looks like this is impossible unless the A frame is shot.  What
> is
>  worn out here?  I would like to get the parts before I tear it apart.
>
>  Any hints on getting the lower fulcrum pin out?
Chuck,
      There is a tapered pin that goes through the lower trunnion and holds
the fulcrum pin in place. It's tough to get out. Depending on how badly the
fulcrum pin is worn you may be unable to get it out. Three out of five times I
end up having to order replacement A-arms and kingpins because I am unable to
take the old ones apart. If you can get it apart, Apple hydraulics sells a
rebuild kit for the threaded cup portion of the a-arms that need to be brazed
or welded in to the A-arm for about $18.
Regards,
Peter S.