Re: Midget Seatbelt Recall

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Midget Seatbelt Recall
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:07:53 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

The first time I called the number at Jag/Rover that was listed on the
team.net web page.  They took my info.  Next time I called, they told me
that they had handed off teh recall to another company and that they were
still in the process of restructuring so the 800-number they gave me
wasn't working yet.  Then one day I had a phone message from them,
wanting to verify my info.  I returned their call and talked to an actual
person. They said that I was in their system.

They may be stalling, I don't know.  It would be nice if someone kicked
them in the butt.

Ulix, 67 Sprite with seatbelts from 79 Midget parts car.

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck with the Midget Seatbelt recall that was a thread on
> here a while back?  My Midget is within the recall numbers and the seatbelt
> does indeed jam.
>
> I wrote the original person at Jaguar and received a prompt and polite letter
> telling me Rover was handling the recalls.  I called Range Rover dealer here
> in Knoxville.  They politely referred me to the Land Rover dealer.  The guy at
> Land Rover called the guy at Jaguar and they concluded that Rover Group, UK
> was handling the recall and that they had established a 1-800 number to accept
> recall queries, but they didnt believe anyone was answering that number.  True
> enough--I have called and called and let it ring and ring, no one answers.
>
> SOOO--I looked up the e-mail address of Rover, UK and e-mailed their service
> manager with my plight.  He emailed back telling me they couldnt help me, but
> that I should contact www.mgco.uk.  I went to that site but there is no way to
> contact them.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?  Is this something Congress should be involved in
> since it is a safety recall?  This thing is going around in circles--no one
> wants to take responsibility for the recall.
>
> ---David

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9