RE: Help!! No not the Beatle's song

To: "'Mark Snowdon'" <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Help!! No not the Beatle's song
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:44:29 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
An old British mechanic showed me how to do this. He can do them with his
eyes closed in about 3 seconds!

It would be better if you you could see this with your own eyes but here
goes:

You need a medium-small size flat screwdriver to "lever" the clip on. Using
the screwdriver to maintain pressure, put ONE side of the clip on but do not
slide it all the way to the groove. The clip will now be on a 20 degree
angle with the screwdriver holding the other side of the clip in "mid-air".
Then gently lever with the screwdriver to get the other side of the clip to
"pop" onto the cylinder. You can then use the screwdriver and your fingers
to get both sides of the clip to slide down and engage the groove.

Did you get that? I hope you did! Once you've practiced 10 or 12 times you
will never have trouble doing it again. As far as I am concerned, you cannot
"push" the clip on both sides at a time using a drift or a press or a socket
or whatever; it just doesn't work.

Daniel T.