Re: Top Cover

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Top Cover
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:13:36 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 04:08 PM 3/31/99 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/29/99 9:29:58 AM EST, fatboy@metro.net writes:
>
><< Does anyone have a black top cover for sale? We would like to purchase one
> for our 69 Sprite MKIV to neaten up appearances a bit. >>
>
>Bill and Cindy:
>
>Why not just opt for a tonneau cover instead of the top cover?  It is much
>more useful in that when parked you can zip and snap it up for some semblance
>of weather protection, it looks good, when one is driving you can keep the
>passenger side covered, it covers what you have inside when closed, and when
>two are riding, it covers the folded top.  I found my tonneau in excellent
>used condition for $80.  Check at British Car shows and Car Clubs--bet you
can
>find one for not a lot more than that.
>
>--David

David,

We would opt for a tonneau cover if we had the correct seats in the car,
but we don't. Currently, we are using hi-back seats from a Dodge
Colt...they were free and fit relatively painlessly. Don't know whether a
tonneau for a Spridget with headrests would fit or not, but kinda doubt it.

Anybody got one they would like to let us try for fit?

Thanks for your interest and comments David.

Bill & Cindy
Santa Rosa, CA

98 Sea Ray 190 BR
96 Yellow Lab