Rocker Panel Replacement.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocker Panel Replacement.
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 00:10:44 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
New question from the guy on thin ice!!!

This morning I removed the first of both rocker panels that I am going to
replace on my 1967 Sprite.  I drilled out all the spot welds I saw and used
an air chisel to "break" these and any that I didn't see.Did a little
mangling that I am going to have to repair.  But that is not the question.

I am going to replace also the door hinge pillars and skins and parts of both
rear fenders.  Now the problem.  I noted as I took the panel off that it was
spot welded to the rear fender INSIDE the bend where the two panels meet.
Now--If I install the new panel, spot welding it all around, then the hinge
pillar and the rear fender, How do you get inside all that to spot weld the
mating surfaces together?

Thanks for any response here.

----David