Re: When?

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: When?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 21:11:38 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert Duquette wrote:

> When were radios available?  I was looking though 'Original Sprites and
> Midgets' and noticed that the Mk1 has a radiomobile, but don't notice radios
> in the options list for the MkII or III.
>
> Robert Duquette
> Ottawa ON Canada
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
> RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
> '65 RHD BRG Sprite

Bugeye and MKII Sprites/MKI Midgets would have come with Radiomobile
radios in the dash under the grab handle.
MKIII and steel dash MKIV Sprite (65-67) would have had the BMC radio.
68 and up would have had a Motorola some with am/fm.
This is from memory and what I have taken apart thru the years. The
exact dates may be off a bit but these are the 3 radios I know were used
in the Spridgets.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ