Re: bville motor(no LBC)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Wm. \"Kit\" Henry II" <khenry@hmcltd.net>
Subject: Re: bville motor(no LBC)
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 11:02:27 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Yeah.... Ignorance is no excuse for shear stupidity... HOW IN THE HELL DID
I END UP HERE?

oh man the car feels so damn good going fast.. Less of course you count the
bouncing off the ground episode....

Miss Kathy has a huge life insurance policy... hmmm wonder what's up with
that....

and she is the proud owner of a very nice bugeye which she actually works
on... nice touch... but I do all the big stuff to it.... My Hundred is
getting really lonely these days.... but like many other times in my life..
it can sit in the upper garage and be just fine..... and when I am ready it
can come out and shine with the best of them....

My 3000 is in the competent and capable hands of Jim Sailer... and is
aiding with financing this effort.... ( Yeah Jim I miss it.. but I wouldn't
miss this for the world..) and on the end of the day... How many Healeys
can a fella enjoy?

awesome stuff...

Keith
Camaro Mule.....ECTA record holder 166.359 mph

----------
> From: Wm. "Kit" Henry II <khenry@hmcltd.net>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: Austin Healey's <healeys@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: bville motor(no LBC)
> Date: Sunday, April 04, 1999 5:46 AM
>
> Ok Keith:
>     I need to take a shot at a couple of assumptions here. First of all
you
> must be single, or you have a wife that is      A.) A gear/motor head
herself
>                       B.) Locked in the looney bin so that you can
continue
> this
>                       C.) Has an insurance policy on your life that you
are
> unaware of
>                       D.) Has no clue what a sprite may look like if it
comes
> unglued at 200 plus miles an hour
>                       E.)  All the above
>
> Has the Mini bike set that speed record yet ?
>
> Kit
>
> Keith Turk wrote:
>
> > We have finally decided that it was time to run the Real Bonneville
motor
> > this next meet.... Rather then sneaking up on this speed thing we need
> > gain some experience tuning this motor...
> >
> > This Motor is an Old DZ 302 out of a 68 Camaro and after that it was
built
> > up as a Comp eliminator Motor.... it ran 7.80's in the quarter mile...
If
> > you have ever played with drag racing you can appreciate just how fast
that
> > is... Anyway I bought the motor years ago but only took delivery about
6
> > months ago... and Decided that it needed to come apart to be cleaned up
and
> > checked out...
> >
> > after playing with Healeys all my life... I don't think I ever had an
> > appreciation for Compression.... This thing has around 15:1 compression
and
> > the Head gasket is only .018 thick.... The Pistons go so far up in the
Head
> > I don't see how the valves keep away from them.... amazing... The Motor
> > builds between 630-709 hp
> > The Crankshaft was de-stroked to give it a 2.90 stroke and the bore is
at
> > 4.030.. for a end cubic inch size of 295 inches.. The Heads have been
> > shaved in excess of .200 and the have been ported by Hogan racing out
of
> > California.... awesome set of heads.... old Cast iron units called 292
> > castings...
> >
> > Can you imagine what this thing is going to do in a Bugeye someday
rather
> > then the Camaro I am currently running... WOW... I don't really know
what
> > to expect at the 1 May meet but with this motor and the car sorted out
as
> > well as it is... this should be our fastest outing of the year on the
East