Placement of emergency decals

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Placement of emergency decals
From: Bob Spruck <Bspruck@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 18:44:56 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Once again, I'd like the input and advise from a most valued source.

I got an on-board fire system for Christmas and have just finished
installing it. Dan Davis of Victory Lane Magazine asked me to write an
article about the installation, so you might see it in the near future. One
of the remaining questions I have is where to place the decal so if I ever
need to use it, corner workers, etc will know where the pull handle is. I
mounted the bottle on the passenger side floor of my '67 Midget and located
the activater handle on a panel I bolted to the underside of my dashboard
just to the right of the shifter. I also relocated the master kill switch
to the same panel from the top of the right fender. I originally place it
there in the radio antenna hole, but I cannot reach it when I am belted in
the seat, and if I was to go upside down, it would be unreachable by the
emergency folks.

The question is should the two decals be placed on the cowl, ahead of the
windshield in line with the switch panel, or on the side of the car in line
with the dashboard (left, right, or both sides)? Your wisdom and experience
would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Bob Spruck
Sharpsburg, GA