Re: Its ALIVE

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Its ALIVE
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:55:08 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
VolksPEZ@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all, been sorta absent for awhile...tied up with projects.  But I am happy
> to report that after spending the night wrenching the Purple Sprite of Doom
> came to life with her semi-new motor and sounds great.  Race on
> sunday...gotta fabricate an exhaust still.  Nothing like procrastination.
>
> Oh, and a slight confession to ease my soul...my driveway has been possessed
> with non LBC demons.  There is the previously mentioned Alfa Spider that was
> payment for a resto on a Sunbeam.  And it felt lonely so there are now 2
> fiats (soon to be one FrankenFiat) keeping it company.  Sorry...no good
> bargians have come up in LBC land so I have to fill my time with less worthy
> projects.  :)  Its hard to pass up a free running, no title, plenty of rust
> 2.0 Spider when you find a 74 Sport coupe minus engine and trans for 400.
> Still I am hoping for that day when someone wants to trade my Alfa for a nice
> streetable LBC.  I did get my 45 D'ellortos for the Alfa today so no more
> fuel injection worries if that sweetens the deal :)
>
> Jim
Know the feeling, I just picked up a 80 Fiat Spider, thank God it is
still carbed. Is there a mailing list for the Spiders? BTW the salvage
yard I picked this car out of has a 71 Spider with good drivetrain. Can
you pick up in Winston Salem NC?

Spent part of the day today putting rear brakes on the Fiat. Like the
idea of rear discs, for now anyways. I have forgotten, where are you
located, VA isn't it?

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC
69 Austin Sprite
72 & 73 & 79 MG Midgets
80 Fiat Spider
82 BMW 320i
79 Dodge Truck
and a 76 F600 U-Haul to lug it all around in.