Re: Top installation

To: Geoff Branch <branch@valinet.com>
Subject: Re: Top installation
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:33:34 -0400
Cc: Spridgets Mail list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Geoff Branch wrote:

> Just got my new top today and will attempt install as soon as work does not
> interfere.  Questions, tho:  How to mark for Tenax fasteners (will the stud
> make enough of a mark)?

A greasy finger works well or a bit of chalk.

 How to cut the hole in the top for Tenax?

Use a punch, do not try this with a knife. A tenax punch would be ideal
but you probably don't have one. How about a gasket punch set? Or a real
good paper punch.

 How to tighten the Tenax onto the top.

Needle nose plyers.

> Also, a while ago I seem to remember a thread about how to fold a top to
> preserve the windows.  Anyone know the technique?

Unclip from windshield, undo all tenax snaps, undo snaps on inside of
frame and windshield ears. Pull the top away from the frame while
folding down the frame, lay the top over the trunk (boot), close the
windshield clips, fold the top forward over the collapsed frame, fold
the 1/4 lights over the back light. (plastic to plastic)
Tuck it all under the frame and put the boot cover on.

Some people prefer to fold the 1/4 lights under the top, I have found
this to crack the corners of the 1/4 lights over time but I leave my top
down from Easter to Thanksgiving unless I get caught in the rain.
The bugeye hasn't had the top up sinnce SpriteRush. It's probably STILL
WET!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ