Charlotte weekend

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Charlotte weekend
From: "Paul Dolloff" <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:44:39 EST5EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

Since Peter didn't check his list e-mail, I want everyone to know
that his bugeye took first place at the huge car show this past
weekend at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.

I want to tell you guys where we found our latest Midget.  We went
to check out a Fiat Spyder at this junk yard full of abandoned and
police towed vehicles.  While there, the owner said he had an old
Midget out back on the top of a pile of cars.

Well, we go to find it and can't.  When I say piles, I mean piles.
These piles are 5 or 6 cars tall and 5 rows deep!  We go back and
get the owner and start climbing.  Under a car here, over a hood
there, across a roof there, etc.  Sure enough, way on top is this
ragged out, wire wheeled Midget.

We also found a great looking Opal GT that had slid off of the top
and was sandwiched between two piles on its side.  Also found a
Datsun 210 (for the tranny) and a pinto (for the motor).  After
getting five cars, we decided we had taken enough.

Man, what a place!

Happy hunting,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.