Top installation problem!

To: "Spridgets Mail list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Top installation problem!
From: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:57:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks to all who replied with suggestions on top installations.  I started
today by removing the old top and the front cross bow came off in my hand!
@$#%^&&!@()%.  Durn.  It parted at the pivot point of the connector it is
attached to, that is about half way down the connector.  I'm sure you know
where I mean if you've done a top, because both sides are broken on mine and
I'm sure that means that all you guys with years experience have seen this
before.  Can this be welded??  I'm not a bad gas welder, but I would never
try any welding here as it is right on the pivot; but maybe a real welder
could do it.  Anyone tried this??   And if welding is not a possibility, am
I looking at a whole new frame??  I'm also missing one lousy Tenax stud;
anyone have a spare?  Thanks for any help.

Geoff Branch  '74 Meejut