Re: Transmission - Painted?

To: "Bob Frato" <bobfrato@bright.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission - Painted?
From: "Bob Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:19:32 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob F.,

I have 2 unmolested Mark I Midgets that have never been restored with less
than 45,000 miles each, and both of them have the remains of the same color
of green paint as used on the engines.  One is a '63 and the other is an
early '61.  Also, the bolts that hold the trannys to the engines still have
the same green paint on them too, so, apparently, the engines and
transmissions were bolted together and then painted as a unit.
By the way, I never thought of putting the insides from a ribcase tranny in
a smoothcase!  Are there any modifications required or will all the stuff
fit right in?

Bob W.