USA is best? was Re: APT port and polish

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: USA is best? was Re: APT port and polish
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:20:56 EDT
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 15/4/1999  9:31:15PM,  ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<< Are the UK heads no good?     Ulix      >>

Hi Ulix,

The head I currently have isn't up to much - partly because I was one of the
first people to have a big valve unleaded head and I ended up with hardened
inlet seats that I don't need.  There are several good engine builders and
several choices of cylinder head supplier.

However, I don't think anyone ever betters the BHP that APT are getting out
of their engines - a success which in no small part must be due to the head.

Although my Sprite is a road car I can't see much point having a second best
head when I can have the best.  The best always costs and I am always
prepared to wait and wait and wait for as long it takes to get the best.

There is other stuff from the USA that is also the best:  ARP nuts, studs and
bolts, probably Nology leads - which I also use.  But fortunately, most of
want I want I can get here.

Daniel1312