Re:oil change/engine oil flush

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:oil change/engine oil flush
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:24:26 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
 Just an example of what can happen using "engine flush"
When I was 13 I got my first car. (64 Galaxie) and was told it would be a
"good idea" to use some of that "Gunk" engine flush to help clean out the old
deposits.
Well, it sure loosened up the nasties alright- into the oil pan! Where it
deposited itself to a depth of nearly an inch! The pickup tube was actually
submersed in this nasty crud.
Might be a good idea to remove the pan and make certain it is clean.
FWIW,YMMV,take with food, live and learn, etc.
Gary
75 Midget daily driver
75 Midget project
64 Galaxie