Re: FW: Speedometer problem

To: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Speedometer problem
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:02:45 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay Snavely wrote:

> ----------
> Subject:        Speedometer problem
>
> The speedometer on my 71 Midget seems to read too high.  I am wondering if
>the speedometer or the rear are not the same as the original.  The speedometer
>has 1376 on the bottom of the face.  I believe this indicates the number of
>rev per mile.  Can someone with a Mark III confirm this number?  Thanks!
>
> Jay
> 1971 Midget BRG

Jay,

I just looked at my 70 MK III and it also indicates 1376.  I have no
reason to think that mine (or yours) has been replaced.  My spedo
reads only about 2 MPH high at 60 MPH as measured with a GPS.  Perhaps
your 3.9:1 rear end has been replaced with a later 3.7:1.
--
Mark
1970 Midget

http://members.home.net/mendicott/midget.html