Re: Bugeye speedo

To: biffjones@erols.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye speedo
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:03:06 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-04-23 16:26:07 EDT, biffjones@erols.com writes:

> When I tried to remove the arm it came off the brass piece
>  underneath.  I stopped at that point.  Do you pry the brass piece
>  off?  Guess you have to in order to remove the face plate but it
>  seemed like it didn't want to budge.

Okay, you gave me an excuse to put my new rebuilt speedo in and go for a
drive (it had been pouring here for days).  I pulled the needle off the spare
that was in the car, and I see what piece you mean.  That piece would have to
come off to get the faceplate off.  It looked like it was held to the needle
with 3 tiny rivets, or maybe soldered???  I'm not sure how you would get it
back together, but will look at it again after my drive tonight ---

Good luck,
Ron