Chassis Dyno Results

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chassis Dyno Results
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 21:33:29 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Spridgeteers:

I had the chance today to put my Midget on a chassis dyno.  The
Nashville British Car Club arranged the testing as a "tech session".
Although I was a little timid about the testing (didn't want to blow
up my car" here are the results for my 1275.  Of course the ratings
were measured at the rear wheels.  If you haven't done this it is a
real experience,  the sound of the 3500 lb drum and your own engine is
strange to say the least.  Without the road and wind noise all you
hear is the screaming engine as you shift through the gears, I was
sure that I had wound it to 8K.

                RPM 4400
                Speed 76 MPH
                Horse Power 44.2
                Torque 61.6 ft-lbs

I will do it again next year when I get the Judson installed  :)  Stay
tuned!
--
Mark
1970 Midget