Re: FW: MG Ownership Message

To: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: FW: MG Ownership Message
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:02:46 -0700
Cc: "Spridget List (E-mail)" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'tmason@Trane.com'" <tmason@Trane.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Tony,

The clutch system is the hardest hydraulic to bleed on the entire car.
There is no resistence like on the braking system so it is very hard to
get all the air out.  I use a vaccuum pump, and still air remains at
times.  One thing to check for is leaky fittings.  Pump up the system a
few times and look for drips.  If you see any they must be fixed before
it will work.  On my Sprite I had a inner connection tube about 3" long
to get the right type fitting in to the slave.  It was dripping bad,  I
worked for a couple of hours to get it to stop.  Finally I had to
replace the piece.  You can cheat a little if you place a block of wood
behind the slave actuator.  This gives a hard surface to build some
pressure.  Don't forget to remove the block before driving her.

Hope this helps.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby