Re: Re:clutch was FW: MG Ownership Message

To: "andy webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re:clutch was FW: MG Ownership Message
From: "Jay Bourgraf" <jaybird@isoc.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:12:12 -0400
Cc: <tmason@trane.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,
    Since the car has been sitting for five years, could the clutch be
rusted to the flywheel? I've seen it too often. I do not know how a
spridget tranny would react to this but I've always put them in gear,
with the motor off, clutch petal depressed, and rocked the car to
break them loose.  I've also started them in gear, pushed in the
clutch and stopped the car with the brakes to jolt it loose. It has
worked many times for me but (BIG DISCLAIMER) I haven't tried it on a
LBC.
Jaybird