Re: datsun 210

To: andy webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: datsun 210
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:16:57 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
andy webster wrote:

> Does the conversion involve any permanent de-originalizing mods, e.g
> cutting or enlarging trans tunnel?
> info appreciated

Andy

The Toyota box does require major cutting in a Sprite. I have that
conversion in my Austin A40 coupled to a 1275. In a Sprite there would
have to be a new tunnel made or serious mods made to the existing
tunnel.

The Datsun 210 requires only minor denting of the heater/battery box,
this can be avoided if you install the tranny first and then the engine.
No fun but possible.

I think the Datsun you are looking for is a Sunny, no positive, but the
Brits say that was their 210. It is a rear wheel drive Datsun.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ