Re: coil bracket question

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: coil bracket question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:53:25 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mini-list@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Evangelos G. Makris" wrote:

> Thought I'd ask before I attempt this.
> I have an A-Series engine (with an alternator, -ve ground) that has no
> bracket for the coil.
>
> Can I just remove the head bold, put the bracket in and retighten
> to the specified torque or shall I ruin something?
>
> Thank you
> Regards,
> Evangelos

Evangelos

Is this on the A40 or the Sprite?
On the A40 I mounted the coil up near the fuse box.
On the Sprite you should have room near the voltage regulator.
Only 58 and some 59 Sprites had the coil mounted on the generator. (and
A40s)
It would be best to try and mount it on the body and not the engine.
My Mini had the coil on the engine and it lost it's wire more then once
due to engine movement.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ