Accuracy was Re: More gear maths

To: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Subject: Accuracy was Re: More gear maths
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:15:25 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 30/4/1999  7:23:01PM,  Herb_Goede@amsinc.com writes:

<< It appears that both your tacho and speedo are much more accurate than
 mine.

 Herb G.

The tach in my car is accurate to 50rpm and has been validated on a chassis
dyno with an oscilliscope - it also has a max rpm tell tale.   For instance,
on thursday I pulled 5,450rpm in 5th on a 3.9 diff (which is quite quick).

The speedo needs a rebuild but was calibrated with the previous gearbox
(which had a different speedo drive ratio) and was as accurate as a speedo
can be (even tyre pressures and temp will give different readings).

Daniel1312