Re: Townsend

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Bob Kitterer <bkitterer@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Townsend
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 20:35:34 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave Brown wrote:

> Why don't you trailer in the black widow? It would be most instructive
> about restoration and sports car innards.

He could have won the "Grody Award," too!  I've decided to take a basket case
with me next year just to get the goodies that go with this award.  It went
to an unrestored Austin taxi and included a pair of Union Jack shorts, a
t-shirt from the show, and a $50.00 gift certificate from Moss Motors.  (Of
course, Frank, I'd use it to buy more t-shirts, not parts.)

There was quite a good turnout from the Spridgets list at Townsend today.
David Campbell, Adrian Barnes, and I were there from the Knoxville area.  Bob
and Annice Kitterer drove in from California.  Mark Endicott came from
Nashville and took first place in our class!  Three cheers!

We couldn't have asked for better weather, either.  The variety of cars grows
larger every year, and I believe the 15 or so cars in the Spridgets class may
have convinced them to separate the Sprites and Midgets next year.

Next big event:  The May West Knoxville Driving Challenge on the 15th.  Why
don't y'all come over and see us sometime?

By the way, is there a problem with the mail server today, or is everyone out
DRIVING?!

Hoping it's the latter,
Amy