Stop, drop, and roll....

To: mgrazian@ltcm.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Stop, drop, and roll....
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 16:42:39 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Wasn't that the Cuban Missile Crisis thing where all you old folks had
>to practice jumping on the floor under a desk and roll up into a fetal
>position.

Old Folks?  I'm only 33 and I remember doing these in grade school.  The
result of paranoia, perhaps, but since we are only 15 +/- miles from the
former Strategic Air Command, it was probably a good idea.  'Course they
were rather euphemistically referred to as earthquake and tornado drills.
 An earthquake drill -- in SW Iowa!

>Saw that in an old black and white film we found in storage
>in my high school.  We always thought the roll was for easier access
>to kiss your ass goodbye.

Pretty much.  Ask any troopie about NBC training; particularly an Army 54
Bravo.  Scare hell out of you.

Rich