Copper-Nickel Brake Tubing

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Copper-Nickel Brake Tubing
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 08:21:27 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Does anyone have any experience with the copper-nickel brake tubing sets
offered by Moss?

I'm definitely not a big fan of those guys, and am sceptical. Their claims
include:

- English made
- alloy equivalent to that used by marques like RR, Lotus, Aston Martin, etc
- better long term strength than steel
- better corrosion resistance than steel
- easier to bend smoothly than steel

A few things make these interesting to me - I'm pretty much inept as a pipe
bender, like the idea of more resistance to corrosion, and the price seems
reasonable ($78 for the set for my car).

Any comments or advice would be welcome.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Frogeye
AN5L/636