Re: Wheel studs

To: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel studs
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:25:30 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I didn't have any problems...I ordered new lug nuts when I ordered the wheels.
They fit quite nicely.  It's also nice to have the little MG octagon on the end
of each nut.  :-)  My car's a '75 by the way.  Buying new lug nuts seems much
easier than buying new studs.  I think my lug nuts are tapered and kind of go
down into the holes in the wheels.

adrian

Jason Urban wrote:

> Mornin!!  --(depends where you are...)
>
> It was a good weekend to work on the car some more.  Went to put on the new
> wheels - the Minator Minilites that were on sale a few months back.  Used
> the old lug nuts to check stud lengths and they're all too short!!!  Has
> anyone else encountered this??  The backs only fit on half-way and the
> front lug nuts make it on except for 2-3 threads.
>
> I'm going tonight to pickup longer comp studs.  Is this the way to go and
> are they fairly quick/easy to put in??
>
> Thanks!
> Jason.
>
> |  Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060    |
> |     CA Studio   web.p3.net/~jurban          |
> |  '95 Z/28 6spd    '65 Austin-Healey Sprite  |
> |  '96 Land Rover Discovery                   |

J. Adrian Barnes
Business Information Group
http://www.workgroup.net

http://www.midgetweb.com (under construction)