Strange Grinding Rattle

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Strange Grinding Rattle
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:24:53 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,

My Midget has developed a new noise. It's a strange grinding rattle from
the engine compartment that starts at 3000 rpm. The engine is recently
rebuilt (1000 miles ago) and has good oil pressure. I checked around for
anything obvious and found nothing lose in the engine compartment.

The sound is present both in and out of gear. At first it thought it might
be the transmission going sour, it has that type of sound to it, so I
checked it out of gear and the same sound is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert