no more rattly chains

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: no more rattly chains
From: "andy webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 10:06:43 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A-series spridgeteers,
I was told by LINK automotive that there is a new timing chain available for
A-series engines. It incorporates an adjustable link that allows the slack
to be taken up. It costs AUD$100 odd for the chain and the two sprockets.
Sounds like a good idea to me,since the belt conversion I understand to be
no longer available which is a pity. My brother has been using the belt for
10 years now and has never broken one. Since you can't get 'em it's a good
thing he's got a spare.....If this is actually old news I'd be interested to
hear from anyone thats running the adjustable chain, cant remember if its
single or double row.....
Andy