Re: Windshield replacement

To: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield replacement
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 00:45:06 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Steve Byers wrote:

> My local glass shop did mine after I gave up.  They told me never to bring
> another one of those back to them, and I think they were serious.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out on the windshield I'm having done
right now.  The barn bugeye is coming along verrrrry slowly, but Paul got the
frame to the windshield shop and asked them if they might cut glass to go in
it.  They did one better and found a supplier of bugeye windshields, and the
really good part is that their price for the glass is about $100 less than the
price in Mini Mania's catalogue.  This is an old shop, and the proprietor has
done bugeye windshields before.

Of course, now that I've mentioned a source for a less expensive part, I guess
I'm obligated to find out where they're getting the glass, right?  I'll be
glad to let y'all know when I find out.

Amy