Re: A tangent, but maybe an interesting one...

To: dannyr@flint.umich.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A tangent, but maybe an interesting one...
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 00:58:59 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Interesting to see all the folks who read The Red Car.  Others might
>include Crash Club. Others that don't come to mind immediately but
>that are out there....

I remember Crash Club!  By Henry Gregor Felsen, I believe.  I think he
also wrote Boy Gets Car and Hot Rod.

Another one from my youth was Road Race.  Can't think of the author's
name, but it was a 'coming of age' book about a teenager named Dave who
loves cars, builds a Model A out of old parts, and gets drug into trouble
by the local ne'er do well.  The town's rich guy takes Dave under his
wing, lets him help work on the Duesenbergs that he races at Pike's Peak,
and generally teaches him a 'Safety Fast' kinda thing.

Rich
(feeling old this evening after realizing that most new college students
have never listened to a 45 or 8-track, or played Pong)