Re: speaking of aerodynamics

To: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: speaking of aerodynamics
From: Rick Snover <rsnover@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 11:17:08 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 05:09 PM 5/14/99 +0000, Andy Webster wrote:
>Does anyone have the "sebring" front on their spridget, not that it was a
>piece of wind tunnel genius or anything, just wondering.
>A fair few sprites you see over here (aust) have them. I don't like them
>that much but I imagine they'd reduce the drag a little....probably not as
>much as turfing the windscreen.

My partner has two historic "Sebring" coupes, and my roadster has the
Speedwell "Monza" bonnet. I kinda like the looks, though it's not as cute
as a frogeye, don't have a feel for the aerodynamic differences. If you're
interested, there're some photos at
        <http://www.toyshop-resto.com/britspd/racing.html>

***BEGIN SHAMELESS PLUG***
We're currently offering the "Monza" bonnet in fiberglass, and gearing-up
to offer it and the Sebring design in both fiberglass and aluminum.
***END SHAMELESS PLUG***
--
Rick Snover, General Partner and CIO
British Speedwell Racing