Re: For Sale? a comment on eBay

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Eyvind Larssen" <seel@online.no>
Subject: Re: For Sale? a comment on eBay
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 13:57:06 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I love the 3000 for it's ease of use.... want the top up.... grab it throw
it up... want it up in a Hundred... get out your erector set....

Heat.... yeah the 3000 has damn little if you can imagine doubling it in
the 100

and the raw power of a 3000 is awesome... the 100 isn't down on Power...
but it isn't the same kind.... it makes a ton of Torque down low... and
loves Lower RPM.... Red line is like 4600.... maybe 47 don't remember... it
dies above 4 anyway....

and of course it doesn't weight as much.... which makes it a ton spryer....
oh and the folding windshield is Pure SEX... I have never put mine up in
the last ahhh ten years.... sorry it just looks great...

Just a much simpler Sports car.... drive a stock bugeye and a Box sprite...
same difference... want a real shock.... if they were all lined up and
ready to go... and impressions weren't important.... HELL I WOULD DRIVE THE
BOX SPRITE EVERYTIME.... I really love that car....
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )----------
> From: Eyvind Larssen <seel@online.no>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Subject: SV: For Sale?  a comment on eBay
> Date: Sunday, May 16, 1999 9:59 AM
>

> >The Hundred..... well ..... to tell you the truth I have let many many
> >folks drive it just for the opportunity to drive a Hundred...
> >
> >These Hundreds are really special.. and if you have driven a bugeye and
or
> >a 3000 then the Hundred just really closes out the total experience....
> >
> >As far as the Pure Joy of driving a sports car I don't think there was
ever
> >a car built that better defines it then the Hundred....
> >
> >Don't misunderstand the statement either... I have owned all of the
Healeys
> >and I really like each for it's own merit.... But the Hundred.... well
it
> >is a true honest no frills .... in your face sports car.... yeah it
could
> >have tons more power and it could be more comfortable and have all the
> >luxuries of the cars of today... but it would lose that Feel and touch
of
> >bare bones driving...
> >
> Hi there Keith Turk..
> Something made me kinda wonder here.....
> What is the REAL difference between a 100 and a 3000 ???? besides of the
badge...that is...
> My workshop manual.... is made for 100 AND 3000 ... indicating no real
difference.... but then again... i may be wrong......