Carlisle - Return

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carlisle - Return
From: <Lmacy1211@aol.com>(by way of Larry Macy, <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>)
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 00:15:24 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well I got back from a day trip to Carlisle at 9:30 PM Saturday. I left
at 7:30
this AM. I drove 127 mi eaach way. Now that isn't bragging, 'cuz I met up
with Jack Feldman who is from Chicago (I think). As well as the ex-pat
Mike Robson from CT. So others obviously drove further than I. Old
relaiable DD was there and tried to help another MGB driver out with
selling him the shirt off his back - only problem was it didn't fit.
(actually it was an alternator and DD had a spare but the plugs didn't
match).

I spent more than I had planned. I went looking to find some wire wheels
for the Midget figuring I could pick up 4 for about $175-250. If you
remember last fall I was looking for some and thought I found some from
another list member. When I got them they are worthless. The hubs are all
buggered up. So i was still looking. I found a set of 4 chrome wires that
have never been on a car. I got them for $400! Guy wanted $500. I
couldn't even get them for the $300 I offered. ;-( Now Mike Robson was
with me and convinced me that after all I have been through recently I
deserved a treat - so I went back and got them. Thanks Mike. The wheels
that are currently on the car have had a close encounter with a curb
whilst I was test the limits of adhesion of the tires. I have no idea
what the Midget will ride like with straight wheels. Only problem - Now
with new chrome wheels I have to paint the car!!

The drive home was up 81 to 78 near Allentown, PA with a couple of other
MGs from the Philly MG Club. We turned off on 61 and headed south.
Something like 662 went further south and we had the best 10 - 15 miles
of twistys!! No body in front of us for the most part so we blasted
along. I had the biggest damn grin on my face that I have had in quite a
while.

Finally got home about 9:30 after running to the store to get some shrimp
for the BBQ for my 22 yo daughters 23rd B-Day on Sunday.

Lots of other listers there Dave H, Rich B, Frank C from the spridgets
list. Gawd I can't even remember them all. Only person I didn't find that
I wanted to was Nory. She was supposed to be there but I never met her.
Oh well maybe next time. (Or didn't you get there?)

Oh one other thing - DD and Mike and Rich kept talking about this girl
from Cheyenne, I never quite got the whole story but Ian Pender was
involved. Further details will have to come from them.

All in all a great day, sunny, good company, 260 mile round trip. I had a
blast!

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?