Re: dyno (generator) demographics

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dyno (generator) demographics
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 20:04:15 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This is a response to a very old note.  If you want to retain your
pre-focus headlights and period spotlamps but also want to see there is a
man here who makes halogen globes to be direct replacements for British,
European and American globes.  He makes them for all automotive and
motorcycle applications.  I use them in my Morris rally car headlights and
flamethrowers and they're very good and very reasonably priced.  You can
visit his site at http://www.welcome.to/cvb.
You may need to persist as the server the site's on is a bit cantankerous.

I've made modern halogen globes fit pre-focus lights before but they aren't
focused correctly and give an odd pattern.

For modern cars I've used Hella xenon globes mentioned below and they do
give a useful increase in brightness.

> Another question arises here.  If one had converted to an alternator, or
in
>  the later Spridgets that have alternators, if one wished to use halogen
>  headlamps, is this a direct plug in item or do you have to get the
headlight
>  plugs from another vehicle and splice into the wiring harness in place
of
> the
>  stock plugs?
David, same size and spacing just pop out your old ones and put in the
halogens. I wonder has any one tried those new xenon type that are
supposedly
better than halogens and pull about the same power.
Regards,
Peter S.