Rear Spring Removal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Spring Removal
From: "Alan Inglis" <ainglis@bcresearch.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:18:08 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

The two bolts you got out are the blind captive nut ones? So the other two are
accessible from both inside the car and underneath, so there is lots of room for
LPS1 or WD 40 and then some heat. If it comes to the worst, you could drill out
the bolt heads from inside the car and then work on the studs and plate on the
bench. And if that won't do it, buy a new plate!

Don't use washers under the wheels. The wheels and studs need the whole surface
of the brake drum to give proper support. That is why wheel spacers are so
expensive. I think Mini Mania and Winner's Circle list them. Go for the minimum
thickness possible for clearance. Of course, with new spring bushings you may
not get any tyre rubbing!

Alan
---------------------- Forwarded by Alan Inglis/BC Research/CA on 05/18/99 09:10

Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com> on 05/17/99 09:31:53 PM