Re: Group 26 Battery

To: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Group 26 Battery
From: Scott Bullock <sbull@preferred.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 22:58:10 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ross
Exide makes a tar top 6V battery so close to the original Lucas you want be able
to tell the differance (if you peal off the Exide lable).  Got mine at an Exide
factory outlet (not sure they have these in other places as the Exide batteries
are made here in Bristol, TN).  The number on my recept is HF17TF, the battery
is marked
17HF-40 so if you go this route be careful and ask questions before you buy
(Even though I purchased at a Exide factory store they had to order) My
batteries were blemishes so I don't trust ether number but this should be close
enough to get you started.  K-Mart, etc  may be able to order. They were $50
each.
Scott