Negative Camber and Suspension Geometry

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Negative Camber and Suspension Geometry
From: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:36:35 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've always wanted to get more negative camber into the front of my Sprite
than I am capable of getting out of eccentric bushings (currently have
eccentric top and lower bushings).  I have heard of people installing shim
plates under the front shocks, installing shorter arms on the front shocks,
etc.  I have always wondered how well these modifications actually work...
Exactly how do those with race cars get more than 1/2 degree of negative
camber into their cars without seriously impacting other handling
characteristics?  If I wanted to get 1+ degrees of negative camber in front,
what is the typical acceptable method of doing this?  Suggestions?

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org
64 A-H Sprite