speaking of guages.....

Subject: speaking of guages.....
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 14:10:02 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
my water temp guage is kaput.... (surprisngly) I'm not a big fan of
mechanincal types of temp guages.... The actual line is kinked 3 or 4 times
from sender to guage... could this be the problem? I see the whole thing is
kind of one unit and I removed the sender unit and It seemed fine... I dunno
what I'm looking for.. so I cant say.... I see 2 solutions here:

- fix it... duh....but the problem is I really dont want to find a
replacment oil/water guage... the smiths one is just so cool... can someone
give me some insight on what usually goes wrong with em? is the kinked line
my prob?

- electrical conversion.... I dont know if they even exist, but maybe the
later model spridgets used electrical? for some reason I like them better.
(probably cuase I have no experiance in mechanical guages... cept for the
speedo)

thanks again for your helps...

Toby
Toby Atwater,   Santa Barbara, CA, tob@taltec.net
1969 Austin Healey Sprite, mk 4 "noname" (in restoration!)
1971 FJ-40 Toyota Land Cruiser "BEEF" (daily driver.. stock everything)