Re: Speedwell FS & the Sprints

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedwell FS & the Sprints
From: Shawn Knight <eybdoogy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 11:27:57 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I probably won't make the Sprints, but I should be at the Texaco/Havoline 200
(July 8 - 11) and the Brian Redmond International Challenge (July 22-25).  I
highly recommend the latter weekend to anyone who likes vintage race cars of any
variety.  This year
they are advertising 30 Group Seven Can-Am cars! (Bring your earplugs)  There
are

usually a handful of Sprites, and I believe I have seen WST and Gary in past
years.  The paddock is open to all, and most of the drivers are friendly.
Several years ago someone under the hood of a Sprite noticed me watching him and
proceeded to tell me a 10 minute story about his distributor flying out of the
engine at 9,000RPM on the back straight.  If you are a regular at this event
there is also the tradition of watching Augie Pabst in his Scarab.  A few years
ago he really tossed it around the track, last year I don't think he left second
gear.

Shawn