Re: Re-Arching Rear Springs

To: mikeg@vicnet.net.au
Subject: Re: Re-Arching Rear Springs
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 02:39:01 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,
If I may enquire, who is the spring maker? After all the reports of
stiffness and poor ride height, I'm not real keen to shell out ~$400 for
unsatisfactory springs.
Also I put mobil 1 in my 1100 yesterday and the difference seems quite
remarkable. The engine seems to spin a lot easier. It's noticable especially
at start up when the engine no longer has that 'struggling' warm-up
period....Just turn it over and off she goes. Pressure at operating temp
seems mildy improved too, though I'm pretty sure my mains and big end
bearings are fairly worn..I would like to replace them..is there a way of
doing this without getting the crank ground etc. I have a spare 1100 crank
that has no cracks, but the engine it's from was going to require 'line
boring'. I dont really know what this means but  my point is.. could I  get
bearings to fit this crank then install it in the engine thus minimizing
'down time'?
Andy