Lord Lucas Finally Got Me

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lord Lucas Finally Got Me
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 23:52:28 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It finally happened, I was left stranded on the side of the road on the
way to the Nashville Car Show, pre show, party.  It seems that the
battery just went dead and the car died,  less than a mile from the
party.  I managed to stop on a hill, coasted down a half a block, popped
the clutch and it fired right off again.  I almost made it home but was
left short about two miles.  My neighbor brought me a spare battery and
I got the car the rest of the way home.  It seems that my voltage
regulator is gone.  I took it off and cleaned it up and it is working
again but the points are shot and won't last long, hopefully I can get
to the show in about eight hours.  Maybe I can find a new regulator
there.  Is this why they call this British Car Week??  BTY this is the
first time in 35 years that I have been stranded in a LBC.

--
Mark
1970 Midget

http://members.home.net/mendicott/midget.html