Re: Sealing Question

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sealing Question
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 16:53:08 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fortunately, I only build the engine to the point where it can still sit on the
bench and then be lifted into the car by hand.  I don't have a stand or a hoist,
so don't put the head or the transmission or the oil pan on until after the
engine is bolted into the car.  All it would involve for me to "tear it back
down" would be to remove the rear plate and stuff.  I'll probably just replace
my
other engine mount, bolt the clutch on, and find a good shoulder to help me
hoist
it in and hope for the best.

The bad part about waiting to put the oil pan on is the pain in your arms and
shoulders from laying on your back with your arms up in the air putting all
those
stupid little bolts back in.  :-)

So if you took his advice and your 1500 is running just fine, I'll believe ya.
The other benefit he gave was that it's much easier to tear the engine down
without all that nasty silicon sealant to remove.

Oh well, time to head to the garage...

adrian

--

J. Adrian Barnes