other hobbies

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: other hobbies
From: Bob Chamberlain <bobchamb@southwind.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 19:12:02
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It is too hot in the garage so came inside to look through some catalogs
about different hobbies. I the "Tower" radio control models catalog I came
across a temperature probe in the model car section. It is intended to tie
around the cylinder head of a model car or airplane engine to check and be
sure the mixture is not too lean and thus burning up a good engine. It
could have other uses too for us .  Maybe secure it around an intake
manifold or fuel pump line to check the temp there. I could point out an
over heating situation.
      Also I noted an amp/watt meter.  The electric motors these guys use
in their cars and airplanes pull some pretty large currents.  Most of the
multi-meters I have seen only go up to about 10 amps, but this one goes all
the way up to 100 amps. Might be useful in planning out wiring projects to
see just what each component really is pulling.
     Tower Hobbies-----------http://www.towerhobbies.com/
  I have no connection to these people but have gotten good stuff from
them.  Usual cautions apply