Re: Church key (NO LBC)

To: <Herb_Goede@amsinc.com>, <HealeyRic2@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Church key (NO LBC)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:33:07 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

>I live a stone's throw from Golden, CO (home of Coors).  There were two
>reasons that COORS tasted better way back then.
>
>1)   You couldn't get it where you lived.
>
>2)   All of the alternatives were so bad.  (Remember Miller, Fastaff,
>Schlitz, Iron City, Bud. Yuck.)   Back then Coors Banquet was the only beer
>without additives.  That's why it had to be shipped refrigerated.  Since
>then lots of companies have started brewing Coors copies like MGD.
>
>Trivia:  What state produces the most beer in the US?  Answer: Colorado.
>Coors is the largest single brewery in the world.  We also have a regional
>Budweiser plant and about a million microbreweries like the company that
>produces Fat Tire.  In fact, if Colorado was a country, it would be second
>in beer production behind the US.
>
>Thank you Mr. Know-it-all. (Herb G.)

As I recall from when Coors made the shift to sell on the East Coast they
set up a brewery in TN (or somewhere) and used local water. That made the
beer taste different from that produced in CO.

Larry (Who lived in WY and CO and never drank Colorado KoolAid And opens
his bottles with his class ring - now that's class) Macy

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.