flares (not bellbottoms!)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: flares (not bellbottoms!)
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:06:54 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi list,
I'm wondering if anyone has flared the wheel arch on their front
guards/fenders by bending the inward facing 'flange'(for want of a
better,..word y'know the bit that rubs if you have wide wheels)outwards. My
brothers had this done when he got it and it looks quite good. If anyone has
done this, are there any tricks to doing it or does one just hoe in with the
vise-grips and panel beating tools?
I want to put 5.5' inch wheels on and they'll rub on the guards as they are.
I dont really want to cut the flange away as I reckon it would make it a bit
flimsy.
Any tips appreciated
Andy.