Re: 77 Midget gear shift lever

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, "midgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 77 Midget gear shift lever
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 19:07:30 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,
On the 1500 gearbox there is a little spring and plunger fitted at the rear
of the pivot point of the gear lever. The pivot point is the bit that looks
like a python that has swallowed a ball, well it does to me anyway :>) ,
don't ask me why !
Sounds like the plunger is too far out, check its not jammed.
Also check that the groove down the right hand side is lined up with the
guide pin.

Guy