Need Pumpkin (and it ain't Holloween)

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Need Pumpkin (and it ain't Holloween)
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:38:30 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well a week ago I asked about the best way to do the U-joints. When I
dropped the driveline - I figured that the joints were OK. Got new ones -
put in at a shop. Went camping and put the driveline in tonight. Pulled
out of parking spot - same freakin rattle. Kinda figured as much. Since I
can hear it from both sides of the car, it has to be the diff.

Looked in Moss - can't get one. So now I ask - Anybody got a diff for a
78 Wire Wheel Midget?? I know that a 75 - 79 will fit. Not real sure
about Pre RB era diffs but if they are the same I will take one. I will
order new bearings and seals to do at the same time but I need this back
on the road - like last week.

Anybody ever put a diff in a wire wheel Midget? I did one in a steel
wheel Midget about 20 years ago but not sure if the wire wheels are that
much different. I know the diff by itself is a shade tree mechanic job
but what about the bearings? Press needed? Do the bearings need to be
replaced if the diff goes - or is that just good measure?

HELP and TIA

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?